Long Weekend Q and A (and request for prayers)

Please pray for our family friend, Peter, who is in the hospital in Florida with Covid-19. His wife passed away not too long ago (not from Covid).

Please use the comments section to post your questions on Catholicism and theology.

Russia ready for sanctions from EU

Eventually, all the nations of the world will be divided into ten groups of nations, each with one leader, the so-called ten kings of the ten kingdoms prophesied at La Salette — and spoken of by the Saints based on Sacred Scripture. This behavior by the EU and similar examples by the U.S. whereby some nations try to control other nations, is a movement in that direction. Eventually, nations will have to form groups in order to keep from being controlled or heavily influenced by other nations or groups of nations.

I should also point out that the requirement that Russia be consecrated to Mary must be repeated in each generation as a nation is essentially its people. If this is not done, Mary’s prophecy about Russia will occur.

20 Responses to Long Weekend Q and A (and request for prayers)

1. Sunimal Fernando says:

Why Russia only problem ? Why not China ?

In the future, according to my interpretation of the book of Daniel, first Russia, then subsequently China, will cause much harm to the world, becoming dominant nations and oppressing many peoples.

2. P.J. says:

Hebrews 12:14 says, “Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord.” What would be a short(ish) explanation of how to follow holiness, for a catechumen? The Decalogue; the teachings of the Sermon on the Mount; or perhaps an imitation of Christ?

(I recently asked a Free Grace- following friend how his belief in Justification by Grace Alone could stand in light of this verse. His answer was very long and not cogent, but seemed to mean that salvation is not necessarily the same as seeing the Lord. I thought it was – am I missing the meaning?)

See the Lord means salvation. It means love others: treat all human persons with love, peace, and mercy. Seek holiness by the works of mercy and by the imitation of the Lord Jesus.

3. Thomas Mazanec says:

Then shouldn’t ALL the nations of the world be consecrated once a generation?

Russia in particular will be a problem in the not so distant future (2200’s).
      [Daniel 7]
      {7:1} In the first year of Belshazzar, king of Babylon, Daniel saw a dream and a vision in his head on his bed. And, writing down the dream, he understood it in a concise manner, and so, summarizing it tersely, he said:
      {7:2} I saw in my vision at night, and behold, the four winds of the heavens fought upon the great sea.
      {7:3} And four great beasts, different from one another, ascended from the sea.
      {7:4} The first was like a lioness and had the wings of an eagle. I watched as its wings were plucked off, and it was raised from the earth and stood on its feet like a man, and the heart of a man was given to it.
      {7:5} And behold, another beast, like a bear, stood to one side, and there were three rows in its mouth and in its teeth, and they spoke to it in this way: “Arise, devour much flesh.”
      {7:6} After this, I watched, and behold, another like a leopard, and it had wings like a bird, four upon it, and four heads were on the beast, and power was given to it.
      {7:7} After this, I watched in the vision of the night, and behold, a fourth beast, terrible yet wondrous, and exceedingly strong; it had great iron teeth, eating yet crushing, and trampling down the remainder with his feet, but it was unlike the other beasts, which I had seen before it, and it had ten horns.

4. Alex says:

” ‘STUNNING ADMISSION’ Pentagon admits it has been testing wreckage from UFO crashes & findings may ‘change our lives forever,’ expert says https://www.the-sun.com/news/2321251/pentagon-admits-testing-wreckage-ufo-crashes/
    Researcher Anthony Bragalia wrote (Dec 27, 2017) to the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) requesting details of all UFO material, which they hold and results of any tests they had been carrying out on it.
    In the response (Jan 8, 2021) shared with The Sun, the DIA released 154 pages of test results that includes reports on a mysterious “memory” metal called Nitinol, which remembers its original shape when folded.”

Ron, what is the Catholic Church’s official position on the possibility of existence of other habitable worlds/planets and sentient beings? Did St Thomas Aquinas or any other write about such possibility? Did the Bible write? If there are beings on other planets, are they all demons, or maybe angelic ones, or none of those categories? Can we benefit from their achievements in technology, as apparently the US Army/Navy is working with them for decades? Do we commit a sin if we do that? Is it possible that even the computer chip we use to be developed from that obtained alien technology, because the level of Earth technology in 1945 did not suggest such a rapid advancement? If there are more revelations like the above (the US stimulus bill signed by president Trump in December requires all US agencies to report to the Congress all the information regarding UFO in 6 months), will the ultra conservatives enlarge their lists of anathemas against the Catholic Church leadership and personally pope Francis who already said he would baptize Martians, accusing him of “collaboration with the demons themselves”?

The publication called “The Sun” is full of made-up stories and fictional claims. There is no truth to those stories. Please do not link or cite that source.

If there is intelligent life on other planets, salvation is no different. They would be saved by a baptism of desire (implicit). I think it is not useful to speculate too much on such ideas, since we have little information apart from the possibilities.

This verse in Daniel speaks of the Antichrist:
      {11:39} And he will act to reinforce Maozim with an alien god, of whom he has become aware, and he will increase their glory, and will give them power over many, and he will distribute land for free.
      The verse might possibly indicate that, in the future, we become aware of intelligent life on other planets.

5. P.J. says:

In reference to your mention of Daniel 7, above : I have a friend who is a Seventh Day Adventist, and he says that Daniel 7:25, “And he shall speak great words against the most High…and think to change times and laws” refers to the changing of the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday, and is a sign of the Antichrist, which his church says is the Papacy. (This view was held by all the 16th century reformers, but somewhere along the course of time, the other Protestant churches dropped it, and most are futurists now, I don’t know why.)
    I have been studying Hebrews (just on my own during lockdown), and was pleased to read Hebrews 7:12, “ For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.” I know that this refers to the change that our new High Priest comes from the tribe of Judah, not of Levi, but could it also explain the change in the Sabbath day?
    I am on very cordial terms with this friend, even though he likes to quote Revelation 18:4 at me! And we encourage one another in Bible study, which is a very good thing.

I don’t know. But it doesn’t matter, as we can trust the Church that Christ established to teach and guide us. We are not left to argue in the dark about what Scripture might mean.

6. Alex says:

excuse me, Ron, but there are scanned copies of the Pentagon letter there, I cannot attach them therefore I gave the link to the Sun. I really do not care of the Sun, neither did I know it is fictional. Thank you for your answer anyway, I will take notice of your view for my further studies on the subject.

7. Stanley says:

Alex, give up on your preoccupation on UFOs, I have seen many mentally ill people go down that path. God Bless

• Alex says:

And I have seen many mentally ill people who pretend they are the true catholics and “saving others”. May God keep me from such “catholics”, and I will keep myself from the “evil aliens”. Unless you address the topic you will never get it. The pope said clearly he will baptize Martians with green ears and long noses. (not that all aliens are like that, just saying what the pope said). Garabandal also spoke of it.

8. Nezu says:

I’ll be praying for Peter, Lord have mercy on him!

My first question is this: how can you become familiar with all of the Magisterial teachings and doctrines? Is there a particular order of documents that you would recommend be read? What about theology also? I know it requires some background to understand all the Fathers and people like Thomas Aquinas, how do you get into that?

my second is this: why does the song of solomon seem to glorify unmarried sex acts? In the opening line to it they say “your loving is better than wine” and in Hebrew scholars said that this is a euphemism. But aren’t there unmarried? What does the book mean?

My third is this: should we use the principle of not entertaining an accusation against someone without at least two people who have seen what the action was? So to ignore any talk against a person that doesnt meet this standard, especially all clerics. 1 timothy 5:19 2 Corinthians 13:1 also matthew 18:16 Is this part of the moral law?

There is no one way. You could start with the Catechism and then read some related magisterial documents mentioned in the footnotes. I recommend reading Vatican One also.

Song of Songs is about Solomon marrying a woman; it is also about Christ and his bride, the Church. It does not refer to explicit sexual acts, as some claim.

Not two people, but two witnesses. A witness can be physical evidence, or corroborating evidence. But we must be careful not to automatically believe any accusation that is made.

9. Matt Z. says:

I just bought my daughter for her Confirmation a week ago the grey Baltimore Catechism. In there it says there can be life on other planets.

10. J. Zoe says:

I do not mean to sound in any way lewd or rude (please edit if it is) but I have two burning questions about your position on sexual ethics since you at the same time look like you allow MANY MANY things while at the same time are strict so here it is as blunt as possible..

– since only things related to the genitals are actually sexual acts before marriage everything else is allowed as long as you don’t lust (how is it possible not to? you feel it when you do that)? This seems very “loose” to me but the strict portion is
    – since you can’t use hands or anything to stimulate the woman and the act must be PiV in marriage to apply and nothing else, does this mean that using positioning to stimulate her without hands or mouth but just the body is not allowed? I mean specifically like his pubis onto the clitoris while otherwise being natural in all ways (this seem very strict but I think it is what is implied)

I guess I can ask a third, do you think that your position on this could be overturned by the Magisterium? It seems to be a huge debate in the church right now with everyone making up opinions, although you are the only one I’ve seen mention the three sources of a moral act in your argument so there is that

No, it’s not correct to say that only “things related to the genitals” are sexual acts. Since excessively passionate kissing and caressing (without touching the genitals) can stimulate the genitals. So it is not right that before marriage everything else is allowed. Thus, it is not so loose as you are saying.

You should perhaps read my book, Catholic Marriage Bed which has a long answer to that question in chapter 2 in the section on St. Alphonsus Liguori. Yes, the body position may be used to stimulate the woman during PIV sex. I can’t write a long enough answer here, and I don’t want to be misunderstood. See the book.

You have misunderstood my position. But no, I don’t think it can be overturned by the Magisterium, since there are sufficient teachings on the Magisterium to establish my position, though minor points might be clarified in one direction or the other.

• J. Zoe says:

Thank you for clarifying, I will get the book and see because I had hoped that it would be allowed. And for you clearing up what I thought was “loose,” I’m sorry for misunderstanding you please forgive me.