Catholic Theology Q and A

Ask a question on a topic in Catholic theology.

Gallery | This entry was posted in commentary. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Catholic Theology Q and A

1. Anonymous says:

Are imagining sexual fantasies considered gravely immoral or venial sin?

Usually this would be venial, unless it includes the willingness to commit a sexual sin if opportunity presents itself.
      {5:28} But I say to you, that anyone who will have looked at a woman, so as to lust after her, has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
      His sin of lust is that he is actually willing to commit adultery (mortal), not that he appreciates her beauty (not sinful), nor that he has a fantasy about her (venial).

2. Christine says:

Thank you for your patience.
    Through a form of Baptism, (formal or mystical), believers in Christ receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit remains with us as long as we retain Sanctifying Grace in our soul.

Re:The people in the Old Testament. Did the believers in God who received a mystical Baptism, receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in their souls, or were they just at certain moments filled with the Holy Spirit?

Yes, they received the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, the three theological virtues: love faith hope, and habitual grace (as well as actual graces from time to time).

Recent messages from Blessed Virgin Mary to Pedro Regis:

July 18 Dear children, I am your Sorrowful Mother and I suffer for what comes to you. You walk into a future of great trials. The Church of My Jesus will be small and its faithful will be persecuted. The enemies will invade the Catholic Temples and expel the faithful. This will be a time of great pain for My poor children. I ask you to keep the flame of your faith burning. Do not retreat. Your reward will come from the Lord. In the midst of the great confusion, God will bring forth men and women of courage who will defend the truth and together with the Faithful Ministers will testify of the Church of My Jesus. Bend your knees in prayer. You are not alone. I love you and I am by your side. I ask you to be faithful to Jesus. Do not be deceived by false doctrines. My Son Jesus is the Absolute Truth of the Father and only n ‘ He can find Salvation. Courage. I will pray to My Jesus for you. Whatever happens, remain in the defense of truth. Forward without fear. This is the message I am sending you today in the name of the Most Holy Trinity. Thank You for allowing Me to meet you here one more time. I bless you in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen. Be at peace.

July 16 Pray much before the cross for the Church of My Jesus. Calvary will be painful for those who are faithful. The day will come when the Tabernacles will be removed from the House of God and in many places the men will seek the precious food and will not find it…

These messages describe a time where Catholic Churches will be shut down by enemies and the faithful will have a hard time getting the Sacraments. Ron, do you think that this will be the case here in large cities in the USA?

It describes the tribulation, especially in Europe, when the extremist Muslims invade and conquer. There will also be persecution in other places, as there will be a great schism and then apostasy. Multiple severe controversies in the Church will tear apart diocese and parishes. The faithful will have difficulty finding a Mass with a valid Eucharist, as the liberal false Church will have many invalid priests.

4. King Robert the Bruce says:

Ron do you think Trumps recent threat to Iran carries any significance concerning the coming war with Iran

No, nothing major. The real turning point will be when Iran announces that they have nuclear weapons. That will cause extremists in the region to want to join with them. Unity among extremists would be very bad.