My work in the field of Catholic eschatology spans over 20 years of research, study, and writing. Eschatology is, by its nature, highly speculative. I’ve never received any kind of revelation from God myself. My predictions are not divine revelation; they are the result of study and interpretation. I have been wrong many times concerning the timing of the events at the start of the tribulation. But I believe that my work in this area is useful to the faithful, as they prayerfully consider the possibilities for the future of the Church and the world.
The predictions below are presented as fallible and speculative. They represent not so much the exact course that I expect events to take, but an indication of the direction that I consider events will likely take. Also, these predictions are a small subset of the total set of predictions found in my several books of eschatology. They do not represent all of the predictions.
First, an overview of the tribulation:
A. The first part of the tribulation occurs for this generation, beginning within the next few years, and ending in 2040 A.D.
B. Then there will be a brief period of peace and holiness on earth, lasting about 25 years.
C. The next few hundred years will see a gradual but unstoppable increase in sinfulness and suffering in the world. The Church will remain holy, and Her teaching will remain pure. But many of Her members will fall into sin, due to the influence of the sinful world.
D. The second part of the tribulation occurs in the early 25th century (about 2430 to 2437). The Antichrist reigns for less than 7 years during this time.
E. Jesus Christ returns to earth, ending the tribulation.
Now, some predictions for the near future. These are not listed in chronological order.
* The Warning, Consolation, and Miracle — predicted at Garabandal and Medjugorje — will occur prior to the start of the tribulation, sometime within the next several years (2018 to 2023).
* The Church will experience a severe schism. First, a conservative schism will occur, under Pope Francis; next, a liberal schism will occur, under his conservative successor.
* The conservative schism will be triggered by certain events: Amoris Laetitia (as we already know, so, not a prediction), and the approval of women deacons, and controversial teachings on salvation theology.
* After a short time, Pope Francis will resign from office.
* His very conservative successor will reign for a few years, and then die a martyr, during World War 3.
* The successor to Pope Francis will take the papal name Pius XIII.
* Hassan Rouhani, President of Iran, will become the Supreme Leader of Iran, in place of Ayatollah Khamenei, while Rouhani is also still President.
* ISIS will take control of Iraq.
* Iran and Iraq (controlled by ISIS) will make a pact to work together, so as to unite the Muslim nations and fight against the West.
* Iran will announce that they have nuclear weapons.
* World War 3 will be the war of the Arab/Muslim nations of the Middle East and northern Africa, led by Iraq (under ISIS) and Iran, against the United States and Europe.
* World War 3 will begin with a nuclear attack on New York City by Iran.
* After the martyrdom of Pope Pius XIII, there will be two elections for Pope, one valid election choosing the next valid Pope, and one invalid election choosing a very prominent antipope.
* The antipope will have more support from persons who call themselves Catholic than any antipope in the history of the world.
* The true pope will have many faults, and will not be a particularly holy or scholarly leader.
* There will be a series of valid Popes with short reigns, Benedict 16, Francis, Pius 13, and their successors.
* In the late 2020’s, a great Ecumenical Council will be called. The Pope who calls the Council will die soon after it begins.
* The Cardinals and Bishops being already assembled, they shall quickly choose the next Pope: the Angelic Shepherd (Fr. Zlatko Sudac).
* He shall lead the Church from about 2029 through the end of the first part of the tribulation (2040) and into the time of peace that follows.
The worst sufferings of the first part of the tribulation occur in the 2030’s and in early 2040 (at the Three Days of Darkness). After the Three Days of Darkness, there will be peace and holiness, and a respite from the suffering, for a while.
Please take a look at this list of my books and booklets, and see if any topic interests you.